I know most of you have listened to the latest podcast already, but if you haven’t, or if you want a clear readable outline, here’s a list of all the future Odyssey things revealed or hinted at in the interview with Phil Lollar, Dave Arnold, Marshall Younger, and Kathy Buchanan. Starting with stuff in the real world:
- Whit’s End Colorado Springs recently reopened, and when arriving, you will not have to wear a mask. (Whoop, whoop)
- Reiteration on the radio broadcast schedule. Weekend episodes are more of the latest episodes, while weekday nights usually broadcast episodes starting from Whit’s Flop. (As I write this however, Album 51 will be airing during weekdays next week, and both weekdays and weekends will have post-2010 episodes).
And now, Odyssey News! Not SONN, of course.
- The Calhouns are confirmed to be Christians, The Perkins are not. This is also confirmed by several episodes. The Perkins will have a spiritual arc. The
- The mysterious Snow series is not so mysterious anymore. It will feature The Calhouns and other Odyssey teams. It should be interesting. It will air in the last four months of 2021.
- Suzu has a photographic memory, and is a superhero?
- For the last time, Album 71: A Slippery Slope, will release on the Club next month. Specifically, July 13.
- More Vagueness with the whole “One of Three” thing 🙄
- Buck and Jules will be the main characters in an Album 72 three-parter
- Big plans for Jillian on the way
- No plans for another Get in the Show
And…thoughts on this.
I was actually recently thinking how great it would be for Jack Allen’s grandkids to come from a different part of the world and experience Odyssey and get to know the people he knew there and met. Even if Jack and Joanne aren’t in the episode, it would be great to see them again. Same with Leonard and Everett Meltsner.
I hope Jillian has an arc. It would redeem her character and rep among the fans.
Don’t slow down! Six episode albums are short enough as they are!
Anyway… that’s the news part of AIO Writer’s Block!